*IMPORTANT NOTE*: These are the steps for launching a SIS integration however,
please reach out to your Customer Success Manager before you do so - this is especially critical if you already have students accounts set up on your account. To proceed, ensure that you have the following credentials needed.
For PowerSchool, you will need:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Client URL
For Veracross, you will need:
- User Name
- If you are unsure how to retrieve the following credentials, please reach out to your Account Manager for your school's SIS.
- The integration will on a weekly basis every Sunday, 2am SGT or Saturday, 2pm EST.
- If you would like to push for an immediate sync, follow the steps below and click on "Save & Trigger Now" - this will force for a fresh sync immediately.
Where do I navigate to find my Integrations?
On the top right-hand corner, click on your Profile Picture and a drop-down menu should appear. Under Account, select Upload.
Upon landing on the Upload page, select Start Setup and Integrate.
Step 1 - Integrate with your SIS
1.1 - Configure your SIS
- Choose an SIS - Select either PowerSchool or Veracross. Based on your SIS, enter in the credentials previously mentioned within the 3 fields below this.
- Grades - Select the Grade range you would like to pull in.
- Active - Enable this to allow the integration or test run to happen. If you would like to switch off a current integration, please have this switched Off.
- Test Run - Enable this if you would like to do a test run which will generate a report. To run a test report, ensure that both Active and Test Run are switched On. Please have this turned off for the first step.
- Email Notifications - Select this if you would like to receive email notifications for any sync errors.
- Once you're done, click on Next Step.
1.2 (PowerSchool) - Select Mapping
- In order for a student's account to be pulled in from Power School, ensure that the Required fields: id, email, first_name, last_name and projected_graduation_year are filled in on Power School.
- The Date of Birth and Gender fields are Optional on Cialfo - if you do not wish to pull these data into Cialfo, click on the "x" button.
- Once you're done with the mapping, click on "Save & Trigger Now".
1.2 (Veracross) - Select Mapping
- In order for a student's account to be pulled in from Veracross, ensure that the Required fields: person_pk, email_1, first_name, last_name and graduation_year are filled in on Veracross.
- The Personal Email Address, Middle Name, Preferred Name, Current Grade, Date of Birth and Gender fields are Optional on Cialfo - if you do not wish to pull these data into Cialfo, click on the "x" button.
- Once you're done with the mapping, click on "Next Step".
Step 2: View and Download Integration Report
Once you're done, click on the "Upload & Integration History".
Here, you will be able to view and download the Summary of the integration.
- Uploader type: If it's a test run, the name of the Uploader type will be Test 'SIS type' Student. If it's a regular sync, the name of the Uploader type will be 'SIS type" Student.
- If you would like more details of the summary of errors, new accounts created and updated accounts, please click on the Uploader type. The results are displayed in the same manner as when you are creating new student accounts via the Bulk Uploader.
- To download the excel report of the integration and errors (if any), click on the download button in the red box.
If you have any questions about the integrations, please reach out to us through the Chat with Cialfo box. Thank you.