Researching for schools within Cialfo is done in Schools.
Setting Regions in Schools search
There are two ways to add different countries in the Schools search
- The counselor can add students to a specific Group which has the Regions preselected. Each time a student is added to the Group then the Regions associated with it will be automatically added to the student's Regions in Schools.
2. A student or counselor may add a Region in the Student Profile -> Applications page.
Cialfo allows counselors and students to search for schools by a variety of criteria
- Courses & Majors
- Popular on Cialfo - the most popular schools in the US students are shortlisting and applying to with Cialfo
- Entrance Requirements (Acceptance Rate, Application Round, Deadlines and Submission Portal)
- Environment & Location (US State, College Size, College Setting, College Type, City Type, and US Region)
- Entrance Exam (SAT & ACT Requirements, English Test Requirements and IB Requirements - UK Universities only.)
- Financials (Average Financial Aid, Percentage Institutional Aid, Average Institutional Aid)
- Others (Student Mode (UK) and Course Duration (UK))
Cialfo offers an array of university information listed in columns. The columns can be turned on or off and rearrange to fit a user's preference. Below are a list of the possible columns to display.
Helpful Tips when searching for colleges and universities
There are a variety of Search (Filter) for schools. The most common ones are:
- Avg SAT
- Avg ACT
- Courses & Majors
- IB Requirement (UK)
- Avg Financial Aid
(1) & (2), the Avg SAT and Avg ACT filter (only works for US schools) allows you to search for schools that accepted students of average SAT/ACT score within your indicated search parameter. You can either indicate a minimum score to find schools that accepts students on average above a certain score, and/or indicate a maximum score to find schools that accepts students on average below a certain score.
(3) the Courses & Majors filter allows you to search for colleges that features the Courses & Majors of your interest. After selecting the filter, type into the search box for the Courses & Majors of your interest. You can either click on the search term you’ve typed to search for all Courses & Majors that matches the search term, or select one or more of the options found.
(4) the IB Requirement (UK) filter (only works for UK schools) allows you to search for schools that have IB Requirements within your indicated search parameter. You can either indicate a minimum score to find schools that accepts students above a certain score, and/or indicate a max score to find schools that accepts students below a certain score.