Mid Year Reports are typically requested by US colleges and universities by the end of January and include Grade 12/Senior Year grades in progress. Not all colleges and universities require these. If counselors have questions as to what a college or university requires, they should consult with each college or university website for more information.

Uploading Mid Year Transcripts

Counselors can upload only one transcript as a Mid Year Transcript to send to colleges and universities. 

  1. Similar to how initial transcripts were uploaded, counselors can either bulk upload a transcript for students or individually upload them. Remember, these must be PDF documents.
  2. Once uploaded (follow the link above for directions), be sure to indicate that the document is a Mid Year Transcript.
  3. Verify that the transcript has been uploaded in Documents tab in the student's sidebar.

Preparing a Common App Mid Year Report Form

  1. Go to cDocs
  2. In the Documents tab, find the student to prepare the form for.
  3. In the sidebar that appears, click on Prepare Forms.
  4. Choose the Mid Year Report and complete the form.
  5. Verify that the Mid Year Report has been completed in Documents tab in the student's sidebar.

Sending Mid Year Transcripts and Reports

Common App schools will require both the Mid Year Transcript and the Common App Mid Year Report. 

Parchment schools only require the Mid Year Transcript.

Sending for Common App

  1. To submit the Mid Year Report & Transcript for Common App schools, go to a student's sidebar in cDocs and scroll down to Common App Shared Documents. 
  2. Be sure to select the button next to Mid Year Transcript to make sure the transcript is attached to the Mid Year Report. 
  3. When ready, press SEND.
  4. Remember, once a Mid Year Transcript and Common App Mid Year Report are sent, they are part of the Common App "One and Done" policy. These documents can only be sent ONCE and when sent, will be sent by Common App to ALL colleges and universities to which the student applies.

Sending for Parchment

  1. To submit the Mid Year Transcript for Parchment schools, go to a student's sidebar in cDocs and find the school you want to send a Mid Year Transcript for.
  2. Click on the college name.
  3. Assign the Mid Year Transcript.
  4. Press Send.

Did this answer your question?