Students have access to many tools supporting their college and career planning on Cialfo. Counselors can determine how students engage with and what they have access to by going to Account Configure.
Students, Teachers, Guardians, and Counselors will all use the same unique url for each school to log in. Once a student has logged in, they will have a left hand menu as well as a chevron on the top right corner to access their settings and seek for help.
Navigating the Menu
The left menu is the main area a student will use to navigate throughout Cialfo.
Dashboard -The dashboard is meant as a quick overview of student's profile. On this page, a student can access links to external test registration, create a resume, and rearrange the the order of their dashboard.
Profile - The Profile is likely the most comprehensive section containing 8 different sections. Upon selecting "Your Profile", the following sections will be seen for your students to fill out and go through.
- Personal - Students can edit their profile (timezone, date of birth, phone number, and address).
- Application - This is the settings page identifying a student's post-secondary interests. They can indicate the application regions they are interested in, Application Year, Enrollment Year, and majors they are considering.
- Contacts - This section indicates the guardians associate with this student.
- Grades - A student's GPA can be found in the grades page. Additionally, if a school does not calculate GPA, a student can enter their high school academic record here and an estimated GPA will be calculated enabling a student to use scattergrams.
- Tests - A record of the student's test score results can be found on this page. They can also access links that will take them to external websites to register for standardized tests.
- Extracurricular Activities - Students can enter their extracurricular activities. Notice that the formatting is closely aligned to that of the Common App activities section. Having extracurricular activities will help popular the student resume and the likelihood indicator.
- Questionnaire - Counselors can create questionnaires for various groups of students. Students can access them here.
Task List - Students can keep track of tasks a counselor assigns and create their own tasks.
Meetings - Students can keep track or and schedule meetings with counselors and/or teachers.
Inbox - Inbox is very similar to a chat feature. It enables students and counselors to send each other short messages within Cialfo.
Notes - Counselors can create notes during meetings and share with students. Or students can use this feature to take their own notes and consider sharing their notes with counselors.
Schools - Schools has 2 top menu sections. The first is called Research to search for colleges and universities as well as manage their Long, Short and Applying list The second is Applications where a student can see more specific information for each application like deadline, application round, and application decisions.
Assessments - Cialfo is a Human eSources partner enabling counselors to assign certain psychometric testing to students. Once assessments have been assigned to students, they can take and review their results here.
Recommendations - Students can request letters of recommendations if counselors have given them the ability here as well as sync Cialfo to their Common App account.
College Visit - Once college visits have been scheduled, students can access the calendar of visits and choose to attend the visits.
Settings - Students have the ability to adjust their own settings like their password and notifications for tasks, meetings, etc.
Chat with Cialfo - Like counselors, students can Chat with the Cialfo Customer Success team for Cialfo support.
Help Center - Students have access to the same Help Center as counselors, though most articles are more suited for counselors.
Edi Chrome Extension - Download the edi Chrome extension which is free to search for college essays.