The Grades section of Cialfo was created largely to support GPA calculation for those schools who do not calculate a GPA. By entering a students high school courses and grades in this section of the platform, a simple "Estimated GPA" will be calculated and that will enable a student to use the Scattergram features in Cialfo.
To view or edit a student's grades and curriculum, simply click into a Student Name > Profile > Grades. There you will be able to add courses and grades, as well as the associated school and curriculum or grading system, from Grade 9 to 12.
- Select 'Students' from the main menu on the left. Click on a student's name whose profile you would like to update/edit/change.
2. Click on 'Grades' Under Profile at the left side menu.
To add/edit your student's grades, click on 'Edit Grade' for the relevant level (i.e. Grade 9,10,11,12).
3. Select the most appropriate Academic System and number of grading terms.
4. Add Subjects in the fields provided. You can also save transcript file here, to do so, you can simply click "Upload"
Once done, click on 'Save'.
5. Add grades for the relevant subjects and terms. To indicate that your student's grades are predicted ones and not official grades, check on the 'Predicted' tick box.
Cialfo has four GPA options available for use in the platform.
- Estimated GPA (calculated from courses and grades entered on the Grades page)
- GPA 4.0 (min. 0, max. 4.00 - fixed, up to 2 decimal points)
- Weighted GPA 5.0 (min. 0, max 5.00 - fixed, up to 2 decimal points)
- School GPA (min. 0, max. customizable - up to 3 decimal points)
While it is possible to have GPA's in all GPA categories, we do not recommend this. We suggest having a GPA in the School GPA section so that your staff and students can utilize the data while using School Search functions. The School GPA will accommodate any GPA grading scheme on a 1-100 scale. School GPA is Cialfo's most recent addition and should serve the majority of schools.
Without GPAs listed in 'School GPA' the School Search information will remain unavailable and greyed out as displayed in the image below.
If you would like to use Cialfo Network Data when viewing Scattergrams and you use a GPA other than 4.0, enter the GPA ranges in Configuration and your school's GPA will be recalculated.