Update: Cialfo has rolled out an updated User Experience (UX). For a limited amount of time, clients will be able to switch from using the new UX and previous UX. This article will address both types of UX.
Broadcast allows you to do more than sending out messages to students and guardians. You can now save drafts, schedule Broadcasts and even create templates!
This is helpful if you need to disseminate an announcement or reach multiple people at one time.
If you want to access and learn more about Broadcast's previous version, go to this article to find out more!
To access Broadcast, navigate to the left menu and select Broadcast.
New User Experience (UX)
Previous User Experience (UX)
Notice that upon accessing Broadcast, you will find 3 sections - Drafts, Scheduled & Sending and Completed.
- Drafts - These are Broadcasts you haven't sent yet. If you aren't ready to send a broadcast, this is where you can find the Broadcasts you have started drafting.
- Scheduled & Sending - Broadcasts that you've scheduled to be sent in the future as well as Broadcasts that are still in the process of being sent are found here.
- Completed - all successfully sent Broadcasts will be found here.
Creating a New Broadcast
- Click the 'Create Broadcast' button found on the top left corner.
- A sidebar will appear. Here you can draft message and customize how your message will be sent, who it will be sent to and when it will be sent.
- Import Broadcast: If you or another counselor have created a Broadcast previously, you can easily select it here to use as a template! This will include the filters you've chosen to send to your targeted audience.
- You can choose between 3 types of messages to send out - Email, SMS and Inbox. Each method has their own specifications:
- Email contains a separate field for Subject & Title and the Message. It supports Rich Text Format and uploading of attachments. Messages will go directly to the recipients registered email in their profile.
- SMS allows a message to be sent if there is a registered mobile number in the recipients account. Messages are in plain text with a limit of 160 characters for both the subject and message.
- Inbox messages are similar to email and is delivered directly to the student's inbox in Cialfo. Inbox does not allow for attachments.
Choosing your Recipients
After drafting a message, scroll down to choose the audience you want to send your Broadcast to. Please note that depending on which audience you select under the "Send To" portion, some options may be limited.
Choose filters to further focus your targeted recipients. For example, you want to send the Broadcast to students only from Graduation year 2020. You can select the "Graduation Year" filter and your message will be sent only to those students.
If you would like to add recipients that are not part of the filter or group you selected, you can click the "Add Recipient" option and input the email from there.
Scheduling the Sending of your Broadcast
The final step is to either send the Broadcast right away or schedule it for a later date.
- Selecting the "Send Broadcast Now" option will send the broadcast immediately once you hit send.
- Selecting "Schedule Broadcast" will open up a date & time selector and a timezone selector. The date and time you choose will be according to the timezone you selected.
4. Select Preview Broadcast at the top right corner once done.
Previewing and Sending your Broadcast
Before sending a Broadcast, preview it first to check if all the details are correct and you have chosen the audience appropriately.
- If you spot a recipient that you would want to exclude from the sending list, you can tick the box next to "Block". Enabling the "View Blocked" checkbox will let you see recipients that you have blocked, allowing you to unblock them.
- If you see a mistake and would like to edit, click on the "Edit Broadcast" button located near the top right. This will bring you back to the previous page.
- Clicking the "Copy" button at the top right corner will immediately create a copy of the current broadcast. This will allow you to save it as a draft for your next use if you wish. Note that the Subject/Title of your Broadcast will have "(copy)" at the end.
- If you believe this message is no longer needed, you can click the "Archived" button to hide the broadcast from view.
- Once you have double checked all the details, you're ready to send! Click the "Send Broadcast" button and you're done!
You can also track whether or not your audience have read your Broadcast in the homepage of Broadcast. Select the Broadcast under the "Completed" section and it will show you whether your audience have received, read or clicked a link from within your broadcast.
You will also be able to see which counselor has sent which Broadcast! This makes it easy for you to track who's sent which Broadcast and which recipients have received it.
If you no longer think your Broadcast is relevant, or you want to cancel the sending of a scheduled Broadcast, you can always archive it!
- Select the Broadcast you want to Archive
- Find the "Archived" button at the top right corner and click it
If you want to find the Broadcasts you have archived, you may select the "View Archived Button" found next to Create Broadcast:
Note: you can archive a Broadcast that you have scheduled to be sent in the future.
Once you have sent out a Broadcast, you cannot stop the sending, so please be double check before pressing "Send"!