The first episode of Cialfo Counseling Unplugged brought together three international counselors sharing the ways they are connecting with student virtual during the global pandemic brought on by COVID-19.
- Michelle Duschang - Director of International College Counseling, Hisar School (Turkey) - Brainstorm ways to keep your students engaged by creating task list care packages and moving your Common Application and UCAS workshops to QuickTime videos.
- John Liu - Regional Coordinator of University and Career Guidance, Yew Chung International School (China) Zoom-a-licious- Learn how to effectively leverage Zoom to organize webinars with universities and conduct effective, digital meetings with students and parents.
- Jeff Neill Head of Student Support & High School Counselor, International School of Dakar (Senegal) Maximizing Cialfo Tools - Updating Cialfo Groups & Student Application Page
Resources from the first episode
- Webinar Presentation Slides
- Video - Counseling Unplugged, "Using Tech Tools to Reach Out to Students." Aired - Wednesday, April 20th - Episode 1
- Grade 9 Reflection Questions - A collection of questions for counselors to use with grade 9 students. Courtesy of Michelle Duschang and the Hisar School.
- Common App Guide/Workshops - April 2020 - Instructions and guides for students to set up their Common App account. Courtesy of Michell Duschang and the Hisar School.