Researching for schools is done in the Schools page
1. Setting Regions in Schools search
There are two methods to add different countries in the Schools search.
1st Method: The counselor can add students to a specific Group (you can locate Groups now in the upper right corner on the Student View page) which has the Regions preselected. Each time a student is added to the Group then the Regions associated with it will be automatically added to the student's Regions in Schools.
2nd Method: A student or counselor may add or remove a Region under Student Profile > Applications page.
2. Cialfo allows counselors and students to search for schools by a variety of criteria
Courses & Majors
Popular on Cialfo - the most popular schools in the US students are shortlisting and applying to with Cialfo
Entrance Requirements (Acceptance Rate, Application Round, Deadlines and Submission Portal)
Environment & Location (US State, College Size, College Setting, College Type, City Type, and US Region)
Entrance Exam (SAT & ACT Requirements, English Test Requirements and IB Requirements - UK Universities only.)
Financials (Average Financial Aid, Percentage Institutional Aid, Average Institutional Aid)
Others (Student Mode (UK) and Course Duration (UK))
Cialfo offers an array of university information listed in columns. The columns can be turned on or off and rearrange to fit a user's preference. Below is a list of the possible columns to display.
3. Helpful Tips when searching for colleges and universities
There is a variety of Search (Filter) for schools. The most common ones are:
Courses & Majors
IB Requirement (UK)
Avg Financial Aid
(1) & (2), the Avg SAT and Avg ACT filter (only works for US schools) allows you to search for schools that accepted students of average SAT/ACT score within your indicated search parameter. You can either indicate a minimum score to find schools that accept students on average above a certain score and/or indicate a maximum score to find schools that accepts students on average below a certain score.
(3) the Courses & Majors filter allows you to search for colleges that feature the Courses & Majors of your interest. After selecting the filter, type into the search box for the Courses & Majors of your interest. You can either click on the search term you’ve typed to search for all Courses & Majors that match the search term or select one or more of the options found.
(4) the IB Requirement (UK) filter (only works for UK schools) allows you to search for schools that have IB Requirements within your indicated search parameter. You can either indicate a minimum score to find schools that accept students above a certain score and/or indicate a max score to find schools that accepts students below a certain score.