Cialfo's Scattergrams allow students and their counselors to see a "map" of real university admissions decisions in a quick and understandable way. The graph plots past acceptances, denials, and waitlist decisions against each student's high school grade point average (GPA) and SAT or ACT scores.
Configuring the Scattergram Default Settings
The first step in displaying scattergram data is to configure the default settings in Account-> Configure -> Scattergram Default Settings.
Cialfo displays data using GPA (School GPA, Weighted or 4.0 GPA) data vs. Standardized testing data (SAT, ACT, TOEFL or IELTS). There is an easy to use option to switch the data used on the X & Y axes.
An important scattergram configuration is the option to set the Default Start and End years when displaying data specifically for Counselors and Students/Guardians.
Pro Tip: There is also an option, in Cialfo, to combined and convert SAT scores to ACT and vise versa. This allows schools to display more data allowing in depth and robust reporting.
Viewing Admission Decisions
Scattergrams in Cialfo offer data results for Accepted, ED Accepted (EDI + EDII), EA Accepted, Waitlisted or Deferred and Denied. Counselors and students have the option of turning results on or off by clicking on the name of the result.
Please note -
- Admission results will begin to be displayed for students when there are at least three data points available.
- Averages for GPA and Test Scores are displayed when there are at least three acceptances to the school.
- Zooming in - If you would like to zoom in on data in Scattergram then just click, hold and drag over the data.
- The data can be reset by pressing the Reset Zoom button
- Scattergram data can be downloaded by clicking on the download button in the top right corner on the scattergram. Data can be downloaded as a PNG or JPEG image and also as a PDF document.